Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Bamboo's Weekend with Molly and her Family

I rode the bus home with Molly on Friday, September 11th and I was so excited to meet her family and see what they had planned for my week long visit with them. Molly's mom and brother greeted us off the bus and once her dad got home we got ready and headed to the New Albany High School Stadium for Youth Night. It started off raining really hard but stopped by the time we took the field. This is Molly and I trying to stay dry
We got to cheer with the High School cheerleaders during the 1st quarter of the game. I didn't have a cheerleading outfit so I put some NA bows on and a spirit ankle bracelet
This is me with Molly and her brother after a fun night at the football game
The next morning we were up bright and early for Molly's brother soccer game. Can you believe it was raining again?! We came prepared though
After a little rest, we were then off to a friends house to watch the Buckeye's game
We only got to stay and watch the first half of the game because Molly had cheerleading. Next we headed to her game and had a great evening. She cheers for New Albany Black and they won the game! Here's me posing with her squad!
Sunday we took it easy and went for a short bike ride with Sydney
Monday was a Jewish Holiday. It is called Rosh Hashanah and means that it is the Jewish New Year. We went to our temple that morning for services. We had to get dressed up and I had to wear a tie!
That evening we had dinner with friends. It's customary to eat apples and honey on this holiday to express our hope for a sweet new year. I enjoyed the apples dipped in honey but liked the sweet cake even more!
After dinner we played a little Jenga while the adults talked
What a fun week so far; I can't wait to see what else they have planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment